Thursday, October 20, 2011

Gods Mercies.

To be as honest as possible, this past week has really sucked. More than you even can know. Everyday there seemed to be something that went wrong, something big that just made me really be a debbie downer. Normally, i am a positive polly, but not this last week.

Every morning i woke up saying "God, please allow today to be different. I hated yesterday" It was the truth, i wasnt lying to God. I did want things to be different, i did hate it when it when my day wasnt awesome. Although i wasnt going about my days right. Every day i was being Me, and not relying upon God to fill me up. BIG MISTAKE.


Finally, after being a stubburn, sassy sally all week i decided to figure out what was really happening. I, when having the day off on Friday spent some time in Prayer. Really great time. I just sat in my car, cried a little and talked to God. I told him i was tired, i didnt understnd why all this stuff was happening, especially all at once, and that i just wanted to breathe. During this time, God really lifted up my head and loved on me. Sometimes i forget how amazing he really is and how amazing his mercies are. This was such a great reminder of his heart for us. . . .

While i just felt him in my presence it came to me.
Matthew 11:28-30   28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”



In case you were un- aware this is my life verse. I desperately need it everyday all the time. I believe everyone does. So maybe you should put this on your mirror too. Anyways, so this verse came to me i got out my bible read it and poundered, then realized something. I had not read my bible. The whole week, Monday-Friday i had not even picked it up. This is a big deal, at least to me. I usually dont do that, but boy when i do i can tell. Then it all started to add up. Why i was crying, why i was tired, why i felt so empty and why my whole week sucked. I cried a little more and sent God some praises he taught that to me again, and that he forgave me for being such a selfish sinner. Reading our word is important. Reading, is just like eating. Without eating we would die. Therefore, without feeding ourselfs Gods Word, we will die, especially emotionally.



To be honest again, im not perfect. I dont spend an exact amount of time everyday in my word, i dont write notes everytime, but when i do read his word, i get such a fire in my heart i just seem to not be able to stop. Praise God his mercies are new every morning. Praise God he understands and forgives us our sins anyways. I need him and his mercies more than ever. Praise God, The Lord Of All. For he is good, every day. (Especially when he helps me realize why im a wreck.)


No comments:

Post a Comment